This picture of me was taken during my 10th birthday. Almost 28 years ago. While I hate to admit that I’m getting oh so close to turning 40, it’s true. But before that happens, I have to turn 38.
My birthday is just under 6 months away and I decided to come up with a list of 37 things to accomplish before I turn 38 in September. I may not get to do all of the items on my list, but I can certainly give it a shot!
- Get my ears re-pierced.
- Read at least 10 books.
- See the Dodgers play, live.
- Finish my book of poetry/prose.
- Go on a trip.
- See Nine Inch Nails play.
- Make $500 selling my random stuff/cleaning out my closets.
- Write more letters/send postcards. (anyone want one?)
- Finally get my license.
- Get a new tattoo.
- Learn to say no and not feel guilt.
- Bake some cupcakes (it’s been much too long)
- Drink champagne.
- Write a letter to myself to be opened in 10 years.
- Make some gnocchi.
- Visit with my family again.
- Finally take a trip to Victoria.
- Take a 30 minute walk at least 3x a week.
- Do a boudoir shoot.
- Bake a loaf of bread.
- Have my cards read.
- Spoil myself at a spa.
- Ride in a seaplane.
- Try 5 new foods/meals I’ve never had before.
- Lose 15 pounds.
- Write a list of 100 things that make me happy.
- Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life.
- Mail a new secret to PostSecret.
- ‘Unplug’ for one whole weekend – no cell phone, no Internet, no TV, no computer.
- Clean out closets and donate everything I haven’t worn in a year.
- Send a surprise in the mail to someone feeling down.
- Donate the next 5 times I’m asked.
- Successfully make macarons.
- Learn to tango.
- Complete a new journal.
- Buy myself some flowers.
- Take more Instax photos.
- Do something with all my Instax photos.
I feel like while this could be considered an impressive list, they are all things that are certainly do-able. And I’ll have have fun accomplishing as many as I can!
What are some things you’d like to accomplish before your next birthday?
And now, here’s something for you. I teamed up with Krysten from Why Girls Are Weird as well as several other amazing ladies to help give all you readers a chance to win $350! Yup, you read that right. Krysten is hosting a Spring Into Spring Giveaway and you could win $350! You still have 5 days left to enter!