It’s the little things (which are often taken for granted) that can make this insanity we call life just a little bit more bearable. In an effort to boost positivity, I am keeping a list of small joys that made me smile.
01) Redecorating and re-arranging my room can lift your spirits and has a wonderful calming effect. Plus it’s also fun to change my lightbox every so often.
02) New music always makes me happy. Franz Ferdinand came out with a new album and I love it. Feel The Love Go is a great new song and it’s very catchy. I’ve probably listened to it about 18 times this week alone. Glimpse of Love is also a good one.
03) Catching up on The Magicians with my roommate. He introduced me to the show and I’m sad that season 3 is already almost over! I need more!
04) Catching up with my brother via messenger while he’s out to sea. He’s gone for a long time so any time I hear from him is always great, even if it’s short.
05) Hanging out with my best friend, Irene, having delicious and horrible for us food, hanging out at the waterfront on one of the few sunny days before summer and playing with our instax cameras.
07) I pre-ordered and am now just waiting for my Samsung Galaxy S9 to come in. The camera upgrades alone made me want it but also the new sound upgrade.
08) Finding out that my Dodgers are actually coming to Seattle to play the Mariners this year! This almost never happens! Now to wait until August!
09) Re-reading A Wrinkle In Time because it was one of my favorite books as a kid and the new movie just came out.
10) Wrapping birthday gifts for my roommate and knowing that he will love them.
11) Cuddling with my cats, watching Netflix and listening to the rain fall outside.
12) Binge watching Jessica Jones season 2.
13) Catching up on all my laundry folding. I hate doing it but having it done makes me REALLY happy.
What are some of the little things that have made you happy lately?